Recruitment discussion

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
namd3
Star Commander
Star Commander

Recruitment discussion

Post by namd3 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:46 pm

EDIT: Split from http://www.thetngc.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2195 --FJ

and I thought Playing the game was about community not what gear you got.... my have things slipped.

:roll:

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Crasp » Tue May 23, 2006 6:48 pm

namd3 wrote:and I thought Playing the game was about community not what gear you got.... my have things slipped.

ive been talking to hewra a lot ingame actually.

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

namd3
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by namd3 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:57 pm

And what about the lvl60 warrior you didn't even give a trial for?

I seemed to remember that the whole point of being in the TNGC was community, has Nemetos Orders disappeared up its own backside, I mean just read the tag line on the banner above the forum

"Who you play with is what makes a game fun" ----not Epic items---

Has everyone forgotten that for the quest for epic items?, an application based on what gear you got doesnt seem to be a guild based on community does it?

Dismus
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Dismus » Tue May 23, 2006 6:59 pm

IBTL

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Crasp » Tue May 23, 2006 7:04 pm

namd3 wrote:And what about the lvl60 warrior you didn't even give a trial for?

I seemed to remember that the whole point of being in the TNGC was community, has Nemetos Orders disappeared up its own backside, I mean just read the tag line on the banner above the forum

Has everyone forgotten that for the quest for epic items?, an application based on what gear you got doesnt seem to be a guild based on community does it?

we have a limited number of slots for raiding. if we recruit too many ppl, the excess cant raid. this is annoying for them. so we recruit what we need.

we play for the challenge, always have. i dont get why this is such a big deal, and we dont want ppl that will simply leech of us for items, we want ppl that contribute. by asking for people to have a reasonable standard of equipment, were actually ensuring that we dont bring any layabouts into the guild, but whatever, continue your witchhunt :shock:

oh and IBTL+2

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Tue May 23, 2006 7:31 pm

Dismus wrote:IBTL
QFT
(that really made me laugh)

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue May 23, 2006 7:45 pm

Guys... whats wrong tonight? Let the people applying get a chance to have their say. They will be given the oppurtunity, like everyone else is, to prove themselves a good person worth joining this community.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue May 23, 2006 7:49 pm

we have a limited number of slots for raiding. if we recruit too many ppl, the excess cant raid. this is annoying for them. so we recruit what we need.
so what, if they get annoyd becourse they cant raid, i doubt they have honor enough to play in a good guild, besides if u get enough maybe u could run 2 raid partys.
anyway what ever the reason i gotta agree with 3d your reasoning is wrong, THETNGC is all about the community itself. excluding ppl just becourse they dont have the right gear is WRONG. Makes my thought wander towards those prescool-badbouy-bullys. "no you cant play, cuz u got the wrong clothes, naa naa naa naa naaaa"

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Tue May 23, 2006 8:24 pm

people who apply are applying for a slot in raids, not just random membership, if they were to be told, we'd love to have you but sorry our raids are full at the moment they wouldn't be interested

and yes, gear has to be of a minimum standard or else they can;t do their jobs in the raid fights and we all die repeatadly with progress coming to a complete halt, that's just how the game works, in the same way there'd be little point taking a level 55 to molten core, there's not much point in a badly equiped tank in Black Wing Lair, harsh yes but true

it would be unfair to recruit someone who we were unable to bring along with us, and you can;t just get 2 raiding groups, game just doesn't work like that

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Tue May 23, 2006 8:38 pm

In Restrospect, my post was pointless - theres nothing i can really say to change your minds - but in mind mind, your being Quixotic - that is to say, idealistic without regard to practicality.

HUGE Guilds aren't for everyone. and the TNGC has never forced any guild to become larger than it wanted to. (And considering you were both members of starwolf who recruited very selectively in small numbers, and blocked applications from MAP Members at one point , i can't understand why you don't understand)
Last edited by Conri on Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue May 23, 2006 8:44 pm

well im sorry but its still wrong... i dont mean to sound like some moral guadian, despite i probably do
if they were to be told, we'd love to have you but sorry our raids are full at the moment they wouldn't be interested
so be it, let them in and then ingame evlaluate veather or not the have the capabilities, if they dont get a chance, they will never get there.
As 3d pointed out
I have allways looked at TNGC with pride, and been proud to be a member and IMHO noone should be excluded just becourse they dont have the right piece of amour no matter what, im sorry to say this but i just despite that attitude. If they dont like the taste of it once they are in, TOO BAD :evil:

Dragnac
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Dragnac » Tue May 23, 2006 8:54 pm

No, the game is not about good gear, epics. It's about having fun, progressing in game, learning new encounters and downing new bosses, having a laugh with friends and enjoying the game. In this game you simply cannot progress if you take everyone possible "applicant" in to your guild. It would be unfair for the new member to let him join guild but not raids or it would be unfair for the old members to get stuck in one instance that has been cleared more than 20times already just to equip every new member so that they have a chance to join harder instances. If you don't have the gear (you NEED good gear in order to survive harder instances) then you shouldn't be trying to get a raiding spot in a guild that is doing those hard instances.
And I've seen what happens when you take too much people in to guild. You don't know half the members anymore and eventually it will tear the guild apart. It happened to my old guild. When the guild isn't too big you will know everyone in the guild well enough and have a nice spirit in the guild. Like we have atm in NO and it is something I do not want to disappear.
If you want people join the community maybe you should make a new guild? But I just don't think it's possible to let everyone join NO who wants to.. not in this game

Theanon
Star Captain
Star Captain

Post by Theanon » Tue May 23, 2006 9:01 pm

Dragnac wrote:No, the game is not about good gear, epics. It's about having fun, progressing in game, learning new encounters and downing new bosses, having a laugh with friends and enjoying the game. In this game you simply cannot progress if you take everyone possible "applicant" in to your guild. It would be unfair for the new member to let him join guild but not raids or it would be unfair for the old members to get stuck in one instance that has been cleared more than 20times already just to equip every new member so that they have a chance to join harder instances. If you don't have the gear (you NEED good gear in order to survive harder instances) then you shouldn't be trying to get a raiding spot in a guild that is doing those hard instances.
And I've seen what happens when you take too much people in to guild. You don't know half the members anymore and eventually it will tear the guild apart. It happened to my old guild. When the guild isn't too big you will know everyone in the guild well enough and have a nice spirit in the guild. Like we have atm in NO and it is something I do not want to disappear.
If you want people join the community maybe you should make a new guild? But I just don't think it's possible to let everyone join NO who wants to.. not in this game
/QFT

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm

yeh, dragnac is correct, whether you approve of blizzards design or not, there is a progression sysetm built into the high end game content, you cannot just skip stages, we're at a certain point in that progression so our choice of new members is somewhat limited by those who have the gear and experience necessary.

i'll also reiterate since you don;t seem to have understood, people aren;t applying for a place in our guild, but a place in our raids, fullstop, none of the people who've applyed on the forums are just looking to hang out with us, they're applying to be able to take a shot at end game content (some as epic hunters, others genuinley seeking a community of like minded people)

and personally i don;t play the game for epic items at all, i play for the fun of being able to take on challenges with people i enjoy playing with, no other reason, but i accept that i need good gear to be able to do my job, without ngood gear in high end instances i'd be a liability rather than an aesset

namd3
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by namd3 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:12 pm

but doesnt 'its not fair on older players to help the newers one because they have done it 20 times already' at odds with having fun and a laugh because that shouldnt matter right??

Its interesting that people are blaming game dynamics, on stopping people joining the guild/community

I'm not saying how you should run your guild not everyone is going to fit in, but at least trail them even on the small quests or Raids (if they have the right gear)... I mean what harm could it do?

Old Fart
3D

Shamless Plug:
Anyone who wants to join us in EVE is more than welcome

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”