Recruitment discussion

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue May 23, 2006 9:20 pm

you don;t seem to have understood, people aren;t applying for a place in our guild,
Yes i do understand, well... im getting there

progression system, personal reasons for playing, i dont care, i was just venting my mind and im not changing it, i still think its despicable to turn them down for not having enough epic items.
no har feelings i hiope, but we all have an opinion, being right or wrong dont matter much, its just an opinin

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue May 23, 2006 9:21 pm

namd3 wrote:Shamless Plug:
Anyone who wants to join us in EVE is more than welcome
LOL right on :!: :!:

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Tue May 23, 2006 9:22 pm

bjerringholm wrote:
you don;t seem to have understood, people aren;t applying for a place in our guild,
Yes i do understand, well... im getting there

progression system, personal reasons for playing, i dont care, i was just venting my mind and im not changing it, i still think its despicable to turn them down for not having enough epic items.
no har feelings i hiope, but we all have an opinion, being right or wrong dont matter much, its just an opinin
lol, ofc no hard feelings, i respect everyones right to their own opinion, whether i agree with it or not :D

namd3
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by namd3 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:24 pm

bjerringholm wrote:
namd3 wrote:Shamless Plug:
Anyone who wants to join us in EVE is more than welcome
LOL right on :!: :!:

ohh you guys need T2 Battleship and a billion credits to join.... srry dont want to to slowed down by you noobs.

/sarcasm off

Dismus
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Dismus » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

namd3 wrote:but doesnt 'its not fair on older players to help the newers one because they have done it 20 times already' at odds with having fun and a laugh because that shouldnt matter right??
They don't call it "Molten Bore" for nothing.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue May 23, 2006 10:08 pm

Honestly I'm more then a little disappointed by this topic. As far as I can tell I've not changed the way I choose to play games. I would only be apart of something that is all about enjoying the game with friends. Killer has done a great job following Amiga in producing a Guild which follows these values.

Right from the start the guild has been careful about recruiting the right people in the right numbers. There is no point recruiting people if we promise them a place in a raid but we don't have a space to accommodate them. This is unfair on the person we promised a raid spot to. Then there is also the question of gear. If they have the wrong gear they are going to die instantly and this happens often in the high level instances if you don't have the right equipment -- again no fun for the individual. Also in terms of gear we are looking for items which help the guild. Not ones which help the individual. The people who have gone to the trouble to get the equipment to play as a raid are obviously team-players and someone we want in the community.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Madtrillz
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Madtrillz » Tue May 23, 2006 10:10 pm

"Then there is also the question of gear. If they have the wrong gear they are going to die instantly and this happens often in the high level instances if you don't have the right equipment"

:oops: Can't say I didn't warn you tho :P

namd3
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by namd3 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:22 pm

lost for words

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Tue May 23, 2006 11:27 pm

I don't see why you should be lost for words.

You seem to really be hung up on the issue of gear 3D. Let me explain this simply in terms of my experience playing my warrior.

If you try to tank Ragnaros with less then 100 Fire Resistance you die INSTANTLY.
If you try to tank the Broodlord with less then 300 defence and 4500 health you die INSTANTLY.

Now I wouldn't want to die everytime I played. That would be no fun.

The guild helps people improve their items so they can enjoy the game. Would you rather we spent our time helping complete strangers get items or would you want us to help people we know. Just this week I helped a friend of Maleron's (long term member) get his Onyxia necklace so he could join us for raids.
The Guild prioritises trusted friends and family for membership because these are people are who we want in the Guild and who we have the time to help. We can help everyone, even though it would be nice.

For new people to get entry into the they have to be able to join us in raids with the right gear so we can check out they are the right person for the community. From then on they are welcome to invite their friends and the guild will help them with equipment, then the friend can invite their friends and the Guild will help them also.

If you or BJ join Nemetos we'd help you with items for raid no problems. But we can't offer that support to everyone and that is why we have a limit on the standard of peoples gear.

If you don't understand now I don't know what more I can say.

ImageImage

Juzzuts
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by Juzzuts » Wed May 24, 2006 12:14 am

u said it all FJ:
- we cant help everyone
- people need to be able to join us in raids

thats why we have to make a selection. we have a trail period to see if the player fits in. orlanna and officers rly is inviting based on the player hisself... not on his skills. sometimes even a bit too much imo

/point at bere/emo :twisted:

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Wed May 24, 2006 12:42 am

Other points as a follow on.

You can't invest time in upgrading peoples equipment until you know they are going to stick around.

And, as we are a victim of our success. We have 10 people applying daily. Now it would simply be impossible to invite them all.

ImageImage

KillerWolf
Dr NO

Post by KillerWolf » Wed May 24, 2006 1:17 am

Tbh all has been said by previous posters but I do understand 3d's point of view on this subject. I use to be in starwolf and recruitment policy was totally different there than it is in wow, this is simply cause wow isnt like planetside nor eve online.
In planetside you have enough with 10 ppl for a squad and the more really community members you can add the better. Same story counts for eve online (yes I have more tech 2 ships than you 3d and more cash, doesnt really matter in eve online, dunno ;p ).
In eve online you can compare it with being in a top alliance who have there own territory in 0.0 which require loads of cash to maintain and experienced ppl with good ships to keep that status & territory. You dont wanna recruit ppl in there noobships to assist you in 0.0, you cant afford it.. welll perhaps you can since there is no limit on how many you can bring with you. This is something we do have in wow which makes it a bit harder and we just have to compensate/prioritise.
It's hard to explain but it's just damn hard to find out who's a community member and who's not. In wow you gotta consider if it's worth the effort to help those guys with gear. Believe me I spended more time helping people with items and god knows what to get them up to endgame standards, allot of those people left the guild, a few are even still community members so my effort wasnt for nothing. Also if those persons where community members beforehand I dont mind also it's just that I hate to put effort in people who dont care in the end anyway.
So lets just keep it with this, I'm doing my best to add good people to this community and sometimes I have to say no cause I dont want to disappoint other people, even though the person who applied is Gandi. So far we got allot of new good people in this community which will hopefully be there in future games and tbh that's all we can do. If you want more community members than go recruit in eve online :P.
This topic is a bit of an attack towards me btw, stop trolling around on recruitment forums telling me how to do my job. If I dont do it right then show me by making your own wow guild and achieve more with better members, doubt you can.
Sorry for this reply, you get that when you post these things, dont mean to offend anyone, respect your opinions and as friends but these posts shouldnt be made imo.

Killerwolf...

Acuna
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by Acuna » Wed May 24, 2006 5:18 am

I take it that 3D hasn't played WoW?

It is absolutely impossible to kill Ragnaros with people wearing green or lower blue armor. It cannot be done, simple as that. This is an issue of WoW, it is too gear dependant, we all know that and the only measure is to adapt to that.

If people want to raid with Nemetos Order, they need a certain level of gear to survive in the dungeons. You cannot walk into Nefarion's Lair wearing your green level 55 armor.

And there are exceptions ofcourse, as some people just contribute as a person. I myself am that example. I had crap gear, but a personality that got me through my trial. They tried it with a n00b geared guy and I've advanced in these weeks. I can compete now.

I wont be the only one probally, there is always room for people with less gear and great attitude, but you cannot accept everyone, really. For every badly geared player that you take into Molten Core, you need a few experienced and well geared people as well, just to compensate for the lack of gear of that new guy.

And yes, it is sad to say, where as this community is about the people and not the gear, WoW is about gear and than the people and their skills.

Just take PVP as an example. 15 players in full tier 2 gear easily beat a skilled PVP team wearing blue armor. Sad but true, gear > skill = WoW.

Post by Guest » Wed May 24, 2006 7:55 am

I have played WOW, and no its not an attack on you killer or anyone, and I'm not here to tell you how to run your guild.

Its only my opinion,

3D

Crank
BF2 Server Admin

Post by Crank » Wed May 24, 2006 9:17 am

tbh you need to play WoW at level 60 to understand what it takes. The end-game in WoW is all about raiding and defeating the toughest bosses in the game, and to do that you need active players with experience and decent equipment, that's just a fact like it or not.

If we accepted anybody who applied we would be damaging our raids, as without a certain level of equipment you simply can't survive in Blackwing Lair, Ahn'quiraj etc. Also raids require a delicate balance of classes, and taking too many of one class means someone of another class is being left out.

imo Nemetos Order has been a big success for the TNGC, we've added a lot of great new people to the community, many of which will join us in whatever we decide to play after WoW and in the past few months we've established ourselves as one of the best guilds on the server, just take a look at how many people want to join us. It's unfair of you to attack our recruitment policy without fully understanding the guild or the game.

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”