Recruitment discussion

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:31 pm

Killer has done a great job following Amiga in producing a Guild which follows these values.
Cheers for the plug!

Nemetos turned into something I never imagined and I couldn't cope with it so I handed it over to Killer and he's done an amazing job - Nemetos is probably the 3rd or 2nd strongest guild on the server? Hence the amount of applications you guys get every day.

I whole heartedly agree with your selection process - accepting everyone for a trial would be unmanageable, so why not choose people who have the best gear? If they turn out to be dreadful/unlikeable players I suspect they'd get their marching orders irrespective of their great gear.

We have other games in the TNGC that aren't gear dependant, i.e. EvE and Planestide. Starwolf would happily accept a BR1 player if they are likeable fellows and I know for a matter of fact a few Nemetos players would not be accepted, even though they play almost 24hrs a day - why should it not be the other way round? People suit certain games. People suit certain outfits. The main thing is that MOST people suit the TNGC and once in, they can find an outfit/game that suits them.

We are all unique, lets not argue about our differences. Instead, we should celebrate our common interests, i.e. the wonderful world of Online Gaming!

P.S. I still feel an immense pride when I think about my two WoW guilds, Nemetos Order and Beltain Lords. You may belong to another, but I'll always belong to you - I hope someday my name shall be spoken with pride in your great halls.

Natedawgg
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Natedawgg » Wed May 24, 2006 4:12 pm

wee i got into starwolf *feels loved* :P
EA is the George W. Bush of gaming. Sure, they have a s**t load of power, but what good is it when you're a fu***ng moron?

Tricobalt
Star Colonel
Star Colonel
Location: Molenschot Likes: much Cheese Dislikes: Locked Topics

Post by Tricobalt » Wed May 24, 2006 5:02 pm

Seeing this has become quite a discussion i must speak my mind.

I wasn't really into online gaming before i tried world of warcraft. And i have many characters on many different servers. And i have been in many different (kinds of) guilds. But with my 2nd "high-end" character my friend silentkiller repeatedly asked if i would come to play on the same realm as he did. And so i did.

Then one of the best things ever happend, Silent asked if i would like to join the same guild as he did, and after asking i could. I was just a lvl 6 hunter and i was welcomed warmly. But if i wanted to do all the High-end stuff like raiding and instancing i would have to work for it. But that is wat WoW is all about. You must work to proggres you character, you must be willing to do something for it. Many people worked hard to be able to do Molten core, Blackwing lair...etc. So with this in mind i started to play, having fun, making new friends in a always talking guild. I was often helped by members and i am trying to help them back now.

And when i joined NO i didn't even knew about TNGC, but when i saw everything on the forums impressed by how many people we're in it, even when playing different games.

And being at the point where i am almost that far to accually participate with the rest of the members in raids i am really satisfied by the work i did. And i think it is fair that the guild has high standards because this guild is a community with has a high status. And i don't even regret for a second of joining.

Sorry for the long post. But bare in mind that this is coming from someone that was asked for high standars and though it was fair. That's Warcraft, you might not believe it but the're are guild a asking thousand things more than NO.

~Trico

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Natedawgg
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Natedawgg » Thu May 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Juzzuts wrote:u said it all FJ:
- we cant help everyone
- people need to be able to join us in raids

thats why we have to make a selection. we have a trail period to see if the player fits in. orlanna and officers rly is inviting based on the player hisself... not on his skills. sometimes even a bit too much imo

/point at bere/emo :twisted:
juzz for that thou shall die
EA is the George W. Bush of gaming. Sure, they have a s**t load of power, but what good is it when you're a fu***ng moron?

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”