TNGC Movie: Actors needed!

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

TNGC Movie: Actors needed!

Post by Aveox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:59 am

The TNGC movie is now well underway, but I still need some shots to complete it. The goal of this movie is to present the TNGC as a gaming community that focuses on teamwork. Currently the movie consists mainly of "killshots" (player destroying/shooting something). At first I thought this was looking very good, but I want to emphasize the team part a bit more and that's why I am making this post: I need the community's help.

The biggest problem is that I no longer have a WoW subscription. I have 4 WoW scenes, but they are doubtful in quality. Anyone that can provide me with raw Fraps material for WoW, please let me know (and I do mean raw, uncut fraps footage. Any editing will decrease image quality beyond usability). If the name "Nemetos" is clearly visible, and there is a lot of action then it is an even bigger plus. A requirement is that you shoot in 1024x768 to keep the level of detail the same throughout the movie. Hopefully FJ can help us out in terms of webspace to upload uncut footage.

Furthermore I need some Planetside footage. I can shoot that myself, but I need the help of Starwolf and MAP to pull it off. I am thinking of Galaxy drops/galaxy takeoffs/troops loading, some BFR action and anything else that shows people working together (ideas are welcome). On top of that I like to have a shot of at least 5 OSes hitting a base for some nice fireworks.

Finally I need some BF2 material. Here, again, I like to emphasize teamwork. I am thinking of blowing up the Mashtuur bridge while a convoy is passing over it, troops advancing through a city, some tank/plane/helo action, that kind of stuff. I also want to add a bit of fun to it, like jeepjumping/crazy plane stunts.

Volunteers?

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:27 am

Yay! Make me a star mr movie mogul man :-)

Alli

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:32 am

im up for it perhaps a BF2 movie a heli of TBGC land at a cap point, disembark and proceed to secure the area
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Vantre
Teamwork Never Gets Chicks

Re: TNGC Movie: Actors needed!

Post by Vantre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:00 pm

Aveox wrote:I want to emphasize the team part a bit more and that's why I am making this post
For teamwork, having a PS (or BF2 for that matter) part that emphasizes people being revived should work well...

Something like a short scene where a few grunts take down something much bigger (BFR in PS or tank/chopper in BF2?), only to suffer a few heroic casualties...which can then be rev'd by the humble medic would work really well I think 8)

I'll gladly offer my services as an extra (provided that no couches are involved :oops: )

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:28 pm

The movie itself won't contain any lengthy scenes. I'm keeping in tradition with my previous movies and plan on making a fast-paced "MTV-style" video (rock music included). Not only does that grab attention better, but it also allows me to show a lot of stuff in a few minutes. So most scenes last only 3-4 seconds, but it is possible to cut lengthy scenes in pieces and use the pieces individually.
I like Soupy's helicopter idea, and Vantre's reviving is also a very good example. The main problem with scenes like this is that we have to password the BF2 server to prevent smacktards ruining it. I will write a few short storyboards for scenes like this. If any of you folks like to do this as well, then be my guest. :wink:
btw, anyone know if I can turn off the HUD and weapon in BF2?

I would like to propose to shoot BF2 footage on tuesday, July 12th, 20:00 GMT/21:00 CET.
FJ, can you please password-protect the server that evening, and set team damage to OFF?

For now, I would like to plan to shoot PS footage on tuesday next week. I like the idea to kill a biffer, but unless someone knows a friendly NC/TR with BFR certs it will be hard to do this. It's rather stupid to see a pack of VS lightnings kill an Aphelion.

Edit: Changed the date
Last edited by Aveox on Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:10 pm

Friendly Fire is already set to off on our server. Saves having to break up a lot of arguements over teamkills.

How much space are you thinking of for this "raw fraps footage"?
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:21 pm

I have 250mb I can donate - that's only about 25 seconds though with uncompressed FRAPS footage

Vantre

Post by Vantre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:29 pm

so what's the soundtrack then?

any links to previous movies by the way Av?

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:33 pm

Aveox wrote:I would like to propose to shoot BF2 footage on thursday, July 7th, 20:00 GMT/21:00 CET.
FJ, can you please password-protect the server that evening, and set team damage to OFF?
Noooooooooo Not Thursday I look after my son on thursdays so I am away from the PC, please please please do it on a tuesday.
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:36 pm

Soupy wrote:
Aveox wrote:I would like to propose to shoot BF2 footage on thursday, July 7th, 20:00 GMT/21:00 CET.
Noooooooooo Not Thursday I look after my son on thursdays so I am away from the PC, please please please do it on a tuesday.
Ok, date changed to tuesday, july 12th (next week)

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:40 pm

Vantre wrote:so what's the soundtrack then?
Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart
Vantre wrote:any links to previous movies by the way Av?
I don't have any space to upload them. My own webspace/allowed traffic is not sufficient for that. :roll:

Vantre

Post by Vantre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:11 pm

not 'Dr Feelgood' then? :P

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:39 am

FYI: I tried to record some fraps footage yesterday in BF2, but it would not record. I spend quite some time yesterday trying to figure out what it was, and I did find a possible cause: With the recent upgrade in video drivers (the ones included on the BF2 DVD), older versions of fraps have become incompatible. Apparently, any fraps version below 2.2 will not record if you are using nvidia drivers 71.xx or higher.
I will try tonight if the demo version of fraps 2.6.2 will work with BF2. If it does work, I guess it's time to bring out the cash. :(

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:24 am

not promoting software stealing but cant you find it on torrent with a crack ???

not that I would ever look or download anything illegal you understand :wink:
The Great Tommy Cooper

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:41 pm

Yes, I did try looking for "doubtful" versions, but those were all corrupt or not-working.

I have also done some research, and it seems that the problem is with BF2 itself. Far Cry for example, is working perfectly with fraps. That said: The newest fraps version (2.6.2) does work with BF2. I tried the 2.6.2 demo and it worked perfectly. The downside is that an official fraps license costs $37, which is totally over the top IMO, especially if you consider that you could buy a fraps license for $15-20 a few years back. The software hardly changed since then, but the price has doubled :roll:

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”