All TNGC members please read: updated code of conduct

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

All TNGC members please read: updated code of conduct

Post by Aveox » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:53 am

The changes to the forums are bigger then just a shuffling of sections. This post concerns everybody that posts on these forums.

Language, swearing and abbreviations.
Over the course of some time the quality of posts on these forums has gone downhill. An example is this:
look kool looking i had to hug my pc it was crying coz it had ytrouble playing the vid let alone playing it XD i think once a demo comes for it or a free trial ill try and give it a pop and see whats its like but i dp agree with ave
This is unacceptable. It's hard to read and impossible to understand. I do understand that alot of people are not native english speakers (like myself) but I urge everyone to put some more effort in using correct language and punctuation. Remember that a forum is a display of what a community is about.
There are also too many swear words, leet speak and abbreviations here. This is a gaming community, and as such should be accessible for all ages at every time everywhere. We don't want to drop down to the level of the average "l33t" gaming forums. So no swearing, proper english (as good as possible) and definately no leet speak.

Signatures
Another thing that is getting out of hand are signatures. More and more people are stacking signature images on top of eachother. Even worse are flashy animated signatures. Folks, this is not Las Vegas. It's highly annoying to see people posting a single line of text and then having a two or three billboards underneath the post that you will have to look at. A good benchmark is that your signature should be no bigger then 6 lines of text and has a single image. Keep it clean, and let your posts do the talking.

Simply put: Any avatar that starts to stretch the forum is too big. As a reference: "standard" avatar sizes are 80x80 pixels or 100x100 pixels.

If these simple rules are followed, then this community will look the part and that will promote itself.

Natedawgg
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Natedawgg » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:45 pm

no fair i wrote that quote when i was under the influence of alchohol you meanie
EA is the George W. Bush of gaming. Sure, they have a s**t load of power, but what good is it when you're a fu***ng moron?

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Heh, I decided not to quote your name and cut you some slack, but you blew your cover now :D

Sorry to quote you, but it was a great example of how a post should not be.

Tzar
Star Captain
Star Captain

Post by Tzar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:47 pm

even a blind fart would have known thats bere :P

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Re: All TNGC members please read: updated code of conduct

Post by Conri » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Aveox wrote:
Signatures
Another thing that is getting out of hand are signatures. More and more people are stacking signature images on top of eachother. Even worse are flashy animated signatures. Folks, this is not Las Vegas. It's highly annoying to see people posting a single line of text and then having a two or three billboards underneath the post that you will have to look at. A good benchmark is that your signature should be no bigger then 6 lines of text and has a single image. Keep it clean, and let your posts do the talking.

Simply put: Any avatar that starts to stretch the forum is too big. As a reference: "standard" avatar sizes are 80x80 pixels or 100x100 pixels.
Just a quick note from me, either enforce this, or forget it. Otherwise its just annoying if half of the community adhere to it and the other half don't.
Also, for a point of reference, i think http://www.guforums.com/showthread.php?t=858 is an excellent set of signature rules.

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:03 pm

I dont have admin rights, otherwise I would be the enforcer :wink:

Tricobalt
Star Colonel
Star Colonel
Location: Molenschot Likes: much Cheese Dislikes: Locked Topics

Post by Tricobalt » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:05 pm

so, am I to vegas like?

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Sig is perfect. Avatar is animated, so -50DKP for that. It is the correct size though :wink:

Darkarium
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Darkarium » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:12 pm

avatar makes me smile for some reason though :p

Tricobalt
Star Colonel
Star Colonel
Location: Molenschot Likes: much Cheese Dislikes: Locked Topics

Post by Tricobalt » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:30 pm

aye, it's one of the cutest chars of the anime series: Bleach

bleach is also where the loituma girls came from, she's called Orihime I think :)

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

silentkiller
Star Captain
Star Captain

Post by silentkiller » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Tricobalt wrote:she's called Orihime I think :)
yup :P
poisoned by power

Darkarium
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Darkarium » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:51 pm

sig updated to comply with rules :D

D3ViOUS
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Timmeh!

Post by D3ViOUS » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:01 am