New Forums Open

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

New Forums Open

Post by Firejack » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:52 pm

Hello all. Welcome to the new forum. The new TNGC website is currently unavailable as I'm having problems getting it to work on the live server :doh: Hopefully it will be working by sometime tonight though.

For now you'll need to register again with the forums (admin authorization is now needed so you'll have to wait a bit before posting). We are starting fresh with a slightly changed appearance to the forums that fits in with the overall design of the website.
The other changes to the forums are mostly bug fixes. The old forums where old and had several issues. All of which have been resolved with this new forum installation.
We are now able to set moderators correctly and the database is compatible with future upgrades of the phpBB script which we use.
I've also uploaded the smilie pack that Aveox created which we used on the other old forums for awhile. I know these were popular.

We have reduced the number of boards on the forums. There was to many on the others and they were mostly unused. This new layout is much more compact and won't be filled with dead sections. Aveox is responsible for the majority of the layout and i'm pretty sure he's covered everything we need.

The old forums are currently located at http://www.thetngc.org.uk/oldforums and will remain there for sometime so everyone can search through old posts and use this archive.

So now all that is needed is for everyone to register with the forums and start posting :woot:
Last edited by Firejack on Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:22 pm

Nice work Firejack and Alicorn. :woot:
I really like the new forums, and at least weve lost all useless and outdated posts.
Also made me change my stupid PS nickname to my new WoW nickname.
Altough the old TNGC members will always know me as fatal, guess im stuck with that.

Happy gaming,

Alas

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:44 pm

popped into say Hi... Firejack, most impressed. you finally managed to log out and get this all sorted :).

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:51 am

Great looking site V impressed
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”