Elections for a new leader

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Elections for a new leader

Post by Firejack » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 pm

As many of you are now aware I stepped down as Community Leader sometime ago and I now feel the Community needs a new leader to avoid drifting along.

The main challengers I see facing whoever takes over as Community Leader are;
  • Recruitment of like-minded gamers,
  • Fund raising to pay for TNGC servers,
  • Expansion into a true multi-gaming Community.
The election process will be in 2 parts. Between now and Monday people can nominate themselves or another person to the role of Community Leader. The 3 who get the highest number of nominations will be entered into a 3-way vote between next Tuesday and Saturday, with the winner announced on Sunday.
Each candidate must explain;
  • Their motivation for the role,
  • What they think they can bring to the community as leader,
  • Anything else they think is relevant
Please try to stay on topic so we can see exactly who has what to offer.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:43 pm

I nominate Dismus.

****There are numerous other people I would have nominated, namely Allicorn, but I think Dismus has a more rounded gaming interest (Alli isn't keen on the RPG era). Sorry for going off topic but I thought I'd give some reasons for my choice.

Edit:- C'mon people, this is an important topic - people say I cause trouble in this community but how come I'm the only one to post a nomination so far? Chop chop :D

Darkarium
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Darkarium » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Im gonna have to second Dismus' nomination. Dismus knows alot about gaming in general, participates alot on both the forums, games and finding new games for the community. Plus he always seems to know what hes talking about on issues like the recent guild drama.

Parkhead
Mr MIA

Post by Parkhead » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Id also like to nominate Dismus because firstly he likes and gets involved in a wide array of games in the community and always has the first news on say new patches on wow and when games are coming out. Secondly he has always been a good leader when ive been in any of his raids in wow and seems to prevent any arguements from breaking out in the forums or teamspeak while remaining calm and composed.
Mr MIA

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 pm

To Add to some elements of FJ's main post

The main challengers I see facing whoever takes over as Community Leader are:
  • Successfully Delegating Responsibilty to Other Members of the Community.
  • Dealing with prospective influxs of new members, and integrating them successfully into the community
I nominate Dismus, because i feel if everyone nominates him, he can't refuse everyone. And he has some pretty neat qualities, as well.

I also Nominate Alli, because Alli has a special ability to take a step back and look at a situation from both sides.

Nominations are also available on request, PM me.

Fennris
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Fennris » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 pm

I've done what I can to prevent this happening but as a short ride in a Deli can tell you, you can't stop FJ crashing on regardless :P

Dismus is a great guy, very capable and deserves his nominations. Whether he would want this honour I dont know.

Barkmann gets my second nomination, as with Dismus I don't know if he would want to do it or if he has the time. Barks has always been an ideas man and an awesome diplomat.

Aveox is my third nomination, though I know his time constraints wouldn't allow him to take the post. Ave made a great job of Starwolf and along with the other members of the outfit, greatly enhanced the experience beyond what should normally be possible.
Like Barks, he is an ideas man and passionate in his persuit of his beliefs.

Fourth nomination goes to EvilElmo or his twin Not-so-evil-elmo. This is an intelligent, insightful individual who has recently returned to the TNGC ranks. He's a great guy for the job and his distance from the events of the last year or two could be the fresh start we need (allegedly.)

Lastly I nominate Firejack who's exemplary record shows that he should not be resigning in the first place.

My nominations are all of equal regard to me and are written in no particular order. All those mentioned, in my opinion, would make for interesting times ahead.

I was also going to nominate Dark but until he gets indoctrinated into the secret societies of the privalidged institutes of higher learning, he is not to be distracted from his studies!!

Disclaimer: I know I have to stick to one nomination but in passive resistance to this unnecessary (from my point of view) change in leadership, you lot have to guess my favorite :twisted:

Edit: Damnit, you always forget someone important in these type of things. Alli is of course a wonderful candidate - sorry Alli.
Last edited by Fennris on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillerWolf
Dr NO

Post by KillerWolf » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:16 pm

#1 Firejack
#2 Allicorn

Only these two are fit enough to lead this community, I really cannot think of other ppl devoted enough to the TNGC and having what it takes.
So basically it comes down to Allicorn who always had a good diplomacy and a neutral view on things.
I played with all people nominated in this post and believe me that Allicorn is the best person to have.
No offense to the others ofcourse, just my opinion :).

Killerwolf...

Crank
BF2 Server Admin

Post by Crank » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 pm

I don't think the community needs a leader.

All of FJ's tasks can be completed collectively.

- Recruitment - obviously is done separately in each game, and by the leader of the division + their officers. Can't see this being for community leader

- Funding servers - I can't recall people ever being asked to help out. Personally I think people will be quite generous

- New games - need some to actually come out for a start (can't think of much since WoW that has made it big for any community). Also people tend to be dismissive of practically everything and the pre-launch excitement dies out rather rapidly a) because it's made by EA b) it uses punkbuster and I don't like punkbuster c) has advertising d) whatever else. Just have to change peoples attitude in that respect.

It's nice and exciting to have a vote and all, but we should really consider will any new leader be anything but a figurehead. This community is quite diffuse, with people dipping in and out of many games, I can't see that changing because of one person and their forum posts.

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:14 am

All of FJ's tasks can be completed collectively.
While that may be true, and I'm very much in favor of administration of the community being a collaborative task, I think we do need a leader.

A leader doesn't need to do all the things that need doing, but he/she does need to make sure they get done. As far as I see it, the leader position is very much a role of communication rather than (necessarily) of action. The rest of us might all have our little ideas for stuff to do from time to time, but it takes someone with "command" - for want of another term - to actually kick things into motion by asking folks to find solutions/ideas/action.

FWIW, I'd love Aveox to have the position. I've been led by him before and learned to respect the gentle caress of his iron fist :-D

Alli

Callie
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Callie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:32 am

Im not saying this beacuse so many others have but my votes goes to Dismus.
The reason is like Park and Darkaium said, he knows every thing first about new wow patches, other new games and stuff that we other just hear about from him :)
I even some times start to think when i read all his post about new stuff that he is born wealthy so he dont have to work and just can sit infront of computers and read on forums about gameing news to later post them here.

But then again imo TNGC will not be the same with not FJ as leader :cry: it would be like christmas with out the food.
Do i have to write something here?

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:25 am

allicorn wrote:learned to respect the gentle caress of his iron fist :-D
:shock:

I nominate Allicorn. He has done enormous amounts of work on the community website and forums and is not even actively playing any of the games we have in our roster. For that reason alone he should be community leader. But he is also a great player, knows a lot about everything, is very patient and impossible to piss off (I have never seen him get angry about anything). All qualities that make a great leader.

Ashfish
Point Commander
Point Commander

Post by Ashfish » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:42 am

I nominate fennris (mainly coz someone should)

It would be a wonderfully warped and sureal community with fen in charge :lol: :lol:

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:47 am

allicorn wrote: I'm very much in favor of administration of the community being a collaborative task, I think we do need a leader.

A leader doesn't need to do all the things that need doing, but he/she does need to make sure they get done. As far as I see it, the leader position is very much a role of communication rather than (necessarily) of action. The rest of us might all have our little ideas for stuff to do from time to time, but it takes someone with "command" - for want of another term - to actually kick things into motion by asking folks to find solutions/ideas/action.
/Completely Agree.

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Ashfish wrote:I nominate fennris (mainly coz someone should)
ill put a veto on that, it would be a good thing to have theese forums for more than a few more weeks :P

my first nomination goes to barkmann as it seems to me he allways seems to find a good solution to various tasks. (like 1001 ways of deplying an anti pesonelmine :D )

my second nomination goes to allicorn as he has allready put huge effords into this community and knows his way around wesite and forum maintenance

Tzar
Star Captain
Star Captain

Post by Tzar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:05 pm

I'd have to agree with bj with the nominations.
Firstly, Bark, who's always been really understanding, full of ideas and generally a good person to play with.
And secondly, even though I've never played with Allicorn, from what I've seen on the forums he is quite active in all sections of the community as well as being very objective.
On a side note, i didn't wanna nominate Dismus, becouse I doubt he'd be willing to be the leader, even though he is more than qualified.

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”