PlanetSide gets some lovin'...

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Selest
Warrior
Warrior

PlanetSide gets some lovin'...

Post by Selest » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi all

Selest here from PlanetSide Outfit Purple Valor. I thought I'd just log in to let you know that several additional weapons and vehicles have been added to PlanetSide in the last coupla months. Unlike the Big F**king Robots, these additions have mostly been awesome!

First up, the weapons:

The new flamethrower (Dragon) is lovely at close range, and has a great Fiery Balls of Death secondary mode. Frying tonight!

The Scorpion is difficult to use, but, once mastered, can rain down death from above at set ranges.

There are also new Empire specific pistols. With a secondary fire mode that empties the magazine almost instantaneously, these pistols are designed to be deadly at close range.

It is the new vehicles, however, that are particularly special:

The Sunderer now comes in Empire specific variants, and now has six gunner positions – 2 AV, 2 AA, and 2 AI. With increased armour, including a powerful 'cow catcher' at the front, an awesome EMP blast and a horn (!), this vehicle is now a fantastic and popular base crasher...

With high (low degradation) armour, powerful AI guns and ground pounders, and with 6 gunner positions, the Galaxy Gunship is a formidable troop support vehicle.

Last, and definitely not least, is the Phantasm stealth troop transport. This aircraft can carry 5 people including the pilot, and has the ability to cloak for the ultimate in stealth infiltration. At 30% speed the Phantasm is invisible to the naked eye, while at 10% max velocity it is also completely invisible to radar...

For any of you who used to play, I urge you to come back and have a look. For any of you who have never experienced the excellent MMOFPS that is PlanetSide, it really is a game that you HAVE to try!.. Find out more on the SOE official forums or drop in and say hi at http://www.purplevalor.com .

With the new enhancements and continuing development planned, I really hope that TNGC will once more develop a sizable presence in PlanetSide - in my opinion it's still a wonderful game - I would love to see you all there. ;)

Selest :D

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:52 pm

Hey Selest, nice to hear from you :-)

You didn't mention the dozens of fantastic deployables ;-)

I think, TBH, the TNGC's golden age of PlanetSide has long since passed, although Starwolf has had a few old members resub in the last couple months. Most of us, I'm sure, would agree it still is a great-but-flawed-but-great-anyway game.

Cheers,
Alli

Selest
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Selest » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:12 pm

Hey Alli

you're right about those deployables, and I've been using them as well - doh!!

I have to say that the new vehicles definitely seem to have caused a bit of a resurgence on Auraxis. Numbers are up and there's a lot of teamwork going on !

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi Selest, nice to hear from you.
I really liked the BFR's. Was just a problem SOE couldn't decide how to use them and ended up nerfing them so many times they became pointless :(

Barkmann has been speaking about the changes a couple of times on Teamspeak and there have been some posts in the Starwolf forum about the new content.

For me personally I don't want to ruin Planetside by playing it now. Until that sense of teamwork is restored and people can no longer certify everything to be a one-man army I'll be giving it a miss happy to reflect on Planetside as the best game of all time :)

Now is probably a time to be looking forwards with all the new games coming out. On the PC alone we have Medieval 2 Kingdoms, Bioshock, Quake Wars, World In Conflict, Guild wars: Eye of the North, Crysis, Huxley, Tablua Rasa, Warhammer online, End Wars and many more all coming out in the next 6 months!
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Selest
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Selest » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am

Hey Firejack ;)

great to know you're still in charge!

I have just bought Bioshock, and it looks like a lot of fun - very immersive. I have been keeping an eye on Huxley, but tbh it doesn't appear to be genuinely MMO, and I'm not sure if it's going to float my boat... The next big MMO that I'm really looking forward to is Age of Conan with it's brutal real time combat, but this has been put back to the end of March next year.

As far as PS goes atm, NC organisation appears to be at an all time low, while VS appear to have some good CR5s (old and new). As a result, we seem to be back to a situation where the VS control over 50% of the map for a lot of the time - yay! :mrgreen:

Re. the one-man army thing it seems to be going to the other way: no more certification points, but loads more things to spend them on. There are new players to recruit, and currently, PV, VSL and Unimatrix are growing again... I have had a three month break from PS over the summer, and having just got back, I must say that I am really enjoying myself again! :)

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:48 am

Selest wrote:Hey Firejack ;)

Actually, hes not http://www.thetngc.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4693.
Allicorn is the leader now, but FJ is still around :P.

Selest
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Selest » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Alastriona wrote:
Selest wrote:Hey Firejack ;)

Actually, hes not http://www.thetngc.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4693.
Allicorn is the leader now, but FJ is still around :P.
Ooops, soz :roll:

Selest (aka. Trinitee) ;)

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”