I shall be leaving now.

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

I shall be leaving now.

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:41 pm

It is with great regret that I need to inform you of my retirement from the TNGC.

It seems I have finally become old and boring and no longer enjoy computer gaming the way I used to. Since buying a house I have found myself with less and less time on my hands and gaming just isn't a priority for me anymore. Plus the fact that Becky and I are trying for a child, time may be even scarcer!

Thank you all for a truly memorable 18 months. Some of you I may see again - I hope to amuse Fester with my English snowboarding (i.e. going down the slope on my knees) and Firejack - you know you can stop by on your way to/from Lancaster Uni anytime you want.

I will also be saying goodbye to my gaming rig - she is an item that has no place with me now, her new owner comes to pick her up on Friday - may she serve him as well as she did me.

So long.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:59 pm

No need to feel you have to have a clean break. Feel free to drop by anytime. You may want to pick up gaming again when the kid comes along. You'll be stuck in the house all day looking after your offspring.

See you around matey. Thanks 8)
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:11 pm

Had great fun playing with you. But, i'm under no illusions! You will be back! :P

Anyways, good luck... onwards and Upwards!

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:21 pm

Bah! Today sucked already, so I can just add this to the rest of the bad stuff :(

Stick around Amiga, even if you are just trolling the forums. Your presence here is still much appreciated, even if you are not playing any games.

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Best of luck Amiga! And I hope the beastie went to a good home ;-)

Don't be a stranger tho'!

Alli

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:58 pm

yeah matey stick around and be a forum troll like I used to be until BF2 came along

I do most of my posting from work god help me when they eventually get round to adding TNGC to the blocked list and they will you know
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

MegaZonk
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by MegaZonk » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Plus the fact that Becky and I are trying for a child, time may be even scarcer!
Looking forward to meet Mini and microAmiga ;) . And hey, you will be back, trust me :)

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Thanks for the support guys - moving jobs again but hopefully I'll still be able to post when someone is paying me ;-)

I'll stay in touch.

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 pm

aww maaan... not u too.... :x
well.. it was fun, and cya around

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:55 pm

I'm not worried. You'll be back! They always come back :twisted: .

It was fun gamingwith you, both in PS an WoW.

Fennris
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Fennris » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:02 am

Well you will be missed mate. But don't worry, if you fancy coming back I got an old AMD 800 with 128megs of 133 ram you can have :D With a bit of modding you might get it to run battleship oir solitaire :lol:
Have fun trying for the squibs bro :wink: Best of luck and I hope to see you again some day soon.

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:49 am

I told my wife last night that I had retired from the TNGC and she gave me a right ear bashing. She said she was sorry that she had made me work so much on the new house and said she would make sure that I have a couple of nights free for my hobby. Besides, she said I'd drive her potty if I spent every night with her!

I'll keep quiet about her saying we could still try for a baby and game at the same time! So, if I ever go afk for no reason, it's best not to ask too many questions! Must remember to mute TS as well :oops:

So, the moral of this story is always discuss things with your other half first as they often make more sense than you!

An aside to this is that I shall be dropping BF2 from my gameplay list and I shall be concentrating on Planetside. (Anyone want to buy my copy of BF2?)

My gaming rig is still being sold but I'm building as new one around an FX57, dual 7800's and phase change cooling ;-)

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:09 am

amigafan2003 wrote: An aside to this is that I shall be dropping BF2 from my gameplay list and I shall be concentrating on Planetside. (Anyone want to buy my copy of BF2?)
Welcome back Amiga :wink:

Wow... I knew i was right... but i didn't expect to see you this soon :shock:

And Geeze... You know something is seriously wrong when you don't even know what "Phase change" Cooling is. :roll:

Vantre
Teamwork Never Gets Chicks

Post by Vantre » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:14 am

amigafan2003 wrote:My gaming rig is still being sold but I'm building as new one around an FX57, dual 7800's and phase change cooling ;-)
what a turn around! so if you follow this pattern & decide to give up again this evening & then rejoing again tmrw....you could be buidling yourself a gaming rig based on an Itanium cluster by then ;)

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:21 am

Welcome back :D
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”