Imperial Legionnaires conclusion

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Imperial Legionnaires conclusion

Post by allicorn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 am

Ok, the situation with I_L has been concluded on friendly terms.

They understand what we're offering but, nonetheless, feel like they'd rather take a "do-it-yourself" approach, and thats fair enough. We part on good terms.

If we could now close down the I_L parts of our forums/ts, that'd be fine. Any TNGC members who do still want to play with I_L (and haven't burned their bridges ;-) ) are, of course, perfectly welcome to continue doing so.

Alli

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Re: Imperial Legionnaires conclusion

Post by Crasp » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:00 am

as explained in part elsewhere, the only IL people we really know are willfrodo and empire (and a few know commodus) as they were the only active members before quentus' reappearance, and willfrodo was playing with us yesterday. doesnt seem that theres any change from before all this except for them paying for their own TS server now, lol.

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:33 am

Fair enough. Glad you're still playing - that's good news. Its a simple matter of I_L having decided not to throw in with us wholesale and share our forums and TS.

Alli

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:20 am

Well I know for a fact its the wrong decision. When I started off online gaming in Clan Diamond Wolf for a long time we had the attitude we would do everything ourselves and focus all our effort into one game, Mechwarrior 4. As time went by and the game slowly died people moved on leaving a slowly decaying Clan.

Creating a Community was easily my best gaming decision. People have always resisted the idea saying it would never work and that Clans die all the time and new ones for new games are formed. That has proven to be completely wrong though. If you look at all the successful gaming Clans you noticed most are backed up by a online community such as ours.

The way the Internet has changed and the way it continues to develop the fundamental workings of the Internet will focus on the idea of a Community and online collaboration with Wikis, forums, social book marking all becoming essential tools for basing any sort of online Community on.

I wish I_L well but I fear they are going down the wrong path. I'll remove them from the forums and Teamspeak now. I'll add Empire, Willfrodo and Commodus to the Community Member group on the forums so they still have access to everything.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I agree FJ and have to admit that way-back-when when Starwolf was in a similar situation to I_L - it had its own little forums and such, I felt a little similarly to Quentus - why bother throwing in with these strangers when we're doing fine on our own? Joining the TNGC was by far the best choice though.

Alli

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Exactly, and in the end, instead of us taking control of Starwolf, you took Control of us! :twisted:

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Tomorrow... the WORLD! :-D

Alli

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”