Potbs dead?

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Re: Potbs dead?

Post by Theodora » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

i wouldn't want to pay the costs of buying the whole damn game + exp packs, but if i wouldn't mind paying the costs of a months sub to ahve a go if there's a fair few jumping on

we could probably poke bark into joining us possibly :)

prinses
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by prinses » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:25 pm

i only played reserves.. or well on my account.
and this is what my account says:

PlanetSide Subscription Details
Enabled Features:
Entitlement: Base Game
Entitlement: Core Combat

so if im not mistaken.. i still get all the goodies when playing, even though my chars are low lvl :)

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Yes Prinses, just subscribe and the whole game is open to you AND you'll be able to level :-)

Theo - I wonder if we can get someones Reserves account for you so you can subscribe for a month and level with Prinses? Or maybe someone will let you play on thier "proper" account? It's not like you'll be able to sell all the gear or anything like in WoW!

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 pm

prinses wrote:What wow lacks is not so much content updates. It`s feauture updates... theres not enough of it.
I'd agree with that. New features instead of more of the same would be great.
Alastriona wrote:...
I'll consider activating for a month. Too bad I just got billed for POTBS, else I would've definatly done it.
I always cancel subscription as soon as I'm billed now. Only takes a few clicks to activate your subscription again and you can't get the money back once your subscription automatically roles over each month. Pretty annoying if you are thinking of leaving, going on holiday, got a broken Internet connection and unable to cancel in time.
Theodora wrote:i wouldn't want to pay the costs of buying the whole damn game + exp packs, but if i wouldn't mind paying the costs of a months sub to ahve a go if there's a fair few jumping on

we could probably poke bark into joining us possibly :)
Quick check of the Sony site shows Planetside for sale via Direct2Drive for $19.95 with the expansion and 1 months subscription included.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Quick check of the Sony site shows Planetside for sale via Direct2Drive for $19.95 with the expansion and 1 months subscription included.
So that's £10.07 with a months sub? Bargain! You'll start at Battle Rank 1 but you'll have great fun levelling.

prinses
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by prinses » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm

AmigaFan2003 wrote:Yes Prinses, just subscribe and the whole game is open to you AND you'll be able to level :-)

Theo - I wonder if we can get someones Reserves account for you so you can subscribe for a month and level with Prinses? Or maybe someone will let you play on thier "proper" account? It's not like you'll be able to sell all the gear or anything like in WoW!
Did you forget my last adventure into ps?
i couldnt be online for more then 5 mins and then i`d crash..

Madtrillz
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Madtrillz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 pm

I've tried a free-month pass Planetside once (think that's the reserve thingie), but was completely alone and lost in the game :P
I came into a river-side style war, where one faction is on one side and the other tried to come over from a bridge. And I was getting targeted by missiles and stuff and was running around like a headless chiken, while trying to shoot someone who was standing 1 feet away from me and missed every shot. It was the best day of my life if I recall correctly...

But like FJ, I need a shooter fix aswell!

I might consider getting it (doesn't seem that expensive) to try it out.
But is it one of those games where you have to play a lot and almost everyday to get good at it (and stay good at it)?

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:21 pm

But is it one of those games where you have to play a lot and almost everyday to get good at it (and stay good at it)?
No, it's not a "twitch" shooter with people bouncing round like lunatics (aka Unreal Tournament). Squad up with us, stay close and watch - you'll soon get the hang of it (or die laughing your arse off at me and FJ making a right pigs ear of things).

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:42 pm

AmigaFan2003 wrote:
No, it's not a "twitch" shooter with people bouncing round like lunatics (aka Unreal Tournament). Squad up with us, stay close and watch - you'll soon get the hang of it (or die laughing your arse off at me and FJ making a right pigs ear of things).
Protip: Don't get in a bus when FJ is driving!

fleurbrawl
Point Commander
Point Commander

Post by fleurbrawl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 am

Aw, the battle bus was fun :)
Reading some of the updated notes there's some nice new variants of it too
Mind that bus... What bus??? *splat*

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:49 am

Yes. Its the Leviathan and I LOOOVE it :D

Can wear Rexo driving, it has an EMP like the CR3 one, 2 thresher type energy weapons to go with the 75mm cannons. Also had something like the ability to pass through shields from the cavern modules.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:19 am

ok, problem

got PS, installed, patched, created char

then game loads up and crashes just before starting, every time

i've done a clean boot and updated graphics drivers

suggestions?

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:34 am

You're on Vista aren't you Theo?

Before the game starts, disable the sidebar (on the side bar right click > close)
Then right click on the Planetside icon, select compatibility tab and select win98/ME. Click the "Disable visual themes" check box. Click apply then try starting the game again.
Last edited by AmigaFan2003 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 am

awesome, good job amiga :D

you win a cookie

Crank
BF2 Server Admin

Post by Crank » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:15 pm

I miss some aspects of WoW like the character development, exploring new places and killing bosses for the first time. However when I find myself tempted to resubscribe I remember all the bad things like raids eating all my free time and making me thoroughly miserable, grinding for low drop rate reagents and the fact that no matter how much time and effort you put you're still not finished, and all your work is written off once the next expansion arrives.

I may resubscribe just before WOTLK to level my warlock to 70 in preparation for the expansion but before that I have no desire to level alts (even if it is faster now) or get back into raiding (which would be near impossible considering the excellent progress the guild has made in the last 6 months).

PlanetSide is tempting but everyone in it does nothing but complain about how terrible the game is now, to the extent that it sucks the fun out of it.

I think I'll stick to by Xbox 360 for the time being... I'm considering buying a new desktop PC for gaming though I'm not sure whether it's worth waiting for new games at the end of the year and the inevitable leaps in processing capability and graphics that occur between now and then. :?

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”