TNGC facebook group

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Natedawgg
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

TNGC facebook group

Post by Natedawgg » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:25 pm

The TNGC facebook group is now up!

Click here!

some one paste a tngc logo so i can paste it into our facebook group logo please
EA is the George W. Bush of gaming. Sure, they have a s**t load of power, but what good is it when you're a fu***ng moron?

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Re: TNGC facebook group

Post by Firejack » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:35 pm

:)
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Tzar
Star Captain
Star Captain

Post by Tzar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Wew joined, but I really ought to work on my profile, lol. Kinda unused. :violin:

Kati
Ban me if I quote spam!

Post by Kati » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 pm

This is the best topic ever written on this forum.

Seriously, it's just that awesome.

Facebook is full of retarded teenagers, it's like the plague except you can't get rid of it.

:|
"He who is too cheap to invest in knowledge is not just cheap but also dumb, and he will stay dumb." ~ Not sure, but it was butchered in translation by yours truly!
"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." ~ Bob Kelso

Lews
Star Captain
Star Captain
Alias: Dragonbane

Post by Lews » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 pm

with enough bullets you can solve any problem
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
with my coming this thread has perished, if you are reading this, stop.

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:17 am

Except the problem of not having enough storage space to hold all yer bullets, presumably.

Alli

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 am

allicorn wrote:
Except the problem of not having enough storage space to hold all yer bullets, presumably.

Alli
Or the problem of not having a gun to fire the bullets in the first place!

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Crasp » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:26 am

amazing cynicism. facebook is fantastic, it lets me keep up to date with my old uni friends i lived with but now live hundreds of miles away from, it lets me track nights out my friends are going on, it lets me plan things like glastonbury festival arrangements, gives me the opportunity to find people i lost contact with, and keeps a collection of photographs that are shared communally i otherwise wouldn't ever have.

now, i understand the myspace hate thing. its just a scenester thing for kids with fringed haircuts, but facebook actually has a useful application for most people interested in having a social life.

besides, what you havent considered is the future application of software like facebook in the workplace. it isn't used now, but when my generation are the majority of the office workforce, you will see share-point style notification system office software very similar to facebook which will cut down on the duplicates and volume of work massively. i havent just pulled this out of a hat either, ive been discussing it with a friend of mine who is currently responsible for developing a way to implement this into very large networks for accenture, one of the leading IT consultancy firms in the country.

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 pm

There is a place for Social networking sites thats for sure. The reason I'm not part of any yet is the fact there is still no proper Privacy or moderation. Everytime I've viewed a publicly viewable Social Networking site the experience has just felt like I was going brain dead.

I'll never get over how myspace became so popular, particularly for music artists, especially when you consider the irony that myspace started as a popular site for pirates and was as popular as Pirate Bay back in its day.

Places like Bebo make me sick. By there total lack of any real control over user data they easily opening up the kids that mostly tend to use it to fraud or worse. I also cannot believe the language used on Bebo. Checking it out for my younger cousin not so long ago it was unreal the level of racist, violent and sexual abuse being exchanged between kids without any attempt at moderation by Bebo support... shocking.

I'm yet to experience Facebook. I'm still trying to find a reason to sign up. None of my friends use it and there doesn't appear to be any feature in Facebook I don't already have elsewhere. Might sign up if the TNGC group takes off.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Natedawgg
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Natedawgg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Firejack wrote:There is a place for Social networking sites thats for sure. The reason I'm not part of any yet is the fact there is still no proper Privacy or moderation. Everytime I've viewed a publicly viewable Social Networking site the experience has just felt like I was going brain dead.

I'll never get over how myspace became so popular, particularly for music artists, especially when you consider the irony that myspace started as a popular site for pirates and was as popular as Pirate Bay back in its day.

Places like Bebo make me sick. By there total lack of any real control over user data they easily opening up the kids that mostly tend to use it to fraud or worse. I also cannot believe the language used on Bebo. Checking it out for my younger cousin not so long ago it was unreal the level of racist, violent and sexual abuse being exchanged between kids without any attempt at moderation by Bebo support... shocking.

I'm yet to experience Facebook. I'm still trying to find a reason to sign up. None of my friends use it and there doesn't appear to be any feature in Facebook I don't already have elsewhere. Might sign up if the TNGC group takes off.

i agree with your points there fj but facebook has proper privacy settings like you can set your profile to be a only friends and not normal public can access into it. also facebook by far is the most maturest out the lot of the social sites. i mean even my bloody mum is on it lol.
EA is the George W. Bush of gaming. Sure, they have a s**t load of power, but what good is it when you're a fu***ng moron?

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 pm

FWIW, I've been on MySpace for a long time. Yes its buggy as all hell and looks like crap, but for networking in the global indie music scene there's nothing with a larger reach.

Facebook I find rather unpleasant for a number of reasons including interface issues, privacy issues, security issues with the API and this whole bizarre idea that just becuase I went to school/college at the same time as another group of people I that have anything in common with them.

Alli

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Crasp » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 pm

allicorn wrote:FWIW, I've been on MySpace for a long time. Yes its buggy as all hell and looks like crap, but for networking in the global indie music scene there's nothing with a larger reach.

Facebook I find rather unpleasant for a number of reasons including interface issues, privacy issues, security issues with the API and this whole bizarre idea that just becuase I went to school/college at the same time as another group of people I that have anything in common with them.

Alli
Oh theres definitely a use for myspace by genuine musicians, don't get me wrong. But for every musician on myspace, theres a thousand attention seekers that aren't even using it to check out the musicians. I found it a bit hard to filter out the crap :|

As for the school/college thing yeh you are right, but then you aren't bound to contact these people. I have about 20 friends from my school and uni that i have on facebook, 15 of which i am in contact with regularly and the other 5 because they were cool people when i knew them and its interesting to see how the people from my past are doing. Privacy is only an issue as long as you let it be, theres a lot of settings available that will essentially block everyone unless you expressly permit them access.

The best feature of facebook is the groups/events feature. I have managed to coordinate dozens of climbing sessions in the last few months through facebook alone, at no cost to myself with no time wasted in phoning round ten people every time. It works well as a social calendar, if nothing else.

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

Darkarium
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Darkarium » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Everytime I've viewed a publicly viewable Social Networking site the experience has just felt like I was going brain dead.
Exactly! I had Bebo for a while but it just felt dumb as hell, felt like what on earth is the point in writing about myself to people who already know me and are probably on my MSN most likely. And some peoples pages make me want to gouge my eyes out with a mess of barely readable text, bright colours and that horrible text language which sounds cringeworthy when not being read from a phone.

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”