Disaster strikes again!

Everything TNGC
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Disaster strikes again!

Post by Firejack » Mon May 02, 2005 1:42 pm

You must be thinking, like I am, that we have somehow upset the gaming gods and as punishment they are determined to destroy our poor defenceless website.

November 2004 – On going reliability issues.
December 2004 – Webserver hosting site hacked and some data lost
January/ February 2005 – New hosting service found who then screwed us over and forced us to more again.
March 2005 – Forums hacked by some angry player from WoW.

This weekend - Early Saturday morning the server cluster that hosts our website and many others suffered corruption of the file system. This shouldn’t of been a problem as the server uses RAID 1 and has a backup system. However the backup’s also contained the corruption already when the problem was identified and the system taken offline.
The most recent backup for the site I had was Thursday the 28th. This was incomplete for some reason. The tarball containing the backup tookup 97MB’s of space but contained no files when I opened it. At first I thought I had cancelled it early for some reason. Now I believe the file corruption on the web server started earlier this week.
To their credit the web hosting company built a new server and restored the website by recovering what data they could. The most recent working full backup means we have everything from the 18th of April with the exception of the forums that are current as off the 21st as they could be recovered separately thanks to a backup Niels made.
If you have uploaded any pictures to the portal, requested any access rights or created a new profile you will need to redo this again. All posts from the 21st to 30th are also lost and those people who registered in this time need to do so again.

Sorry about this guys.. if only my backup for the 28th worked this wouldn't have been anywhere near as cruel to accept. :roll:
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

NielsPeter
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by NielsPeter » Mon May 09, 2005 4:28 pm

This place burns down every other day. We are uniquely blessed with a good share of bad luck, or maybe we light easily. Spontaneous combustion anyone? =o*

*Walks away*

AAH I'M ON FIRE!
Weyhart - level 60 human priest, Kor'gall
Anima - level 22 undead warrior, Defias Brotherhood
Marrukh - level 16 orc rogue, Defias Brotherhood
Raszanath - level 12 undead priest, Defias Brotherhood
Nyara - level 22 undead warlock, Defias Brotherhood
Brohm - level 21 orc hunter, Defias Brotherhood
Tanaki - level 10 tauren shaman, Defias Brotherhood

Return to “TerraNovaGaming.Community”