TS Problem

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Crank
BF2 Server Admin

TS Problem

Post by Crank » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi, I thought it was about time I started to use TS again considering BF2 will be out soon but I seem to have a problem with teamspeak. Basically whenever I talk into my mic it always sounds really quiet, even if I do this through localised test. I don't believe it's a problem with the mic itself considering it's the one I always used and I haven't broken it or anything. I also have microphone boost turned on.

I have Sound Blaster 2 Audigy ZS, I believe killerwolf has the same card and has the same problem as me.

Any ideas how it could be fixed?

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:11 pm

Have you tried turning up the sensitivity of the mic in the audio control panel (in Windows, not TS)? I have an Audigy 2 ZS as well - you should have an Icon in the sys tray (Creative Volumn Control) - double click it and the slider for the mic is 2nd from the right. Also make sure the recording slider on the right is set to Mic.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Yup. I have the same problem also. The Mic output on my new Audigy 2 ZS is very quiet compared to my onboard sound. Blitz was having problems hearing me yesterday and had to turn his sound up to maximum to understand me.
I'm currently working my way through lots of different configurations and sets of drivers trying to find an optimal setup. Can't make up if the Audigy 2 ZS suffers from bad design with the low mic sound, PCI bus hogging, sound distortion or if its just bad drivers. I'm thinking its the drivers as Creative have a really bad reputation in this area.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Make sure the recording volume is at maximum in the creative panel. If it still refuses to work, trying putting your microphone in the "Line in" port, and adjust volume accordingly in the panel.

Personally I have been using Logitech's USB microphone for quite some time now, and it works perfectly.

Fennris
Galaxy Commander
Galaxy Commander

Post by Fennris » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:09 am

Check to see if the +20db boost is on or off.

Control Panel--Speach--Audio output--volume--(under microphone) Advanced.

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:02 pm

I've found the solution to your problem while attempting to fix my Audigy 2 nightmare. There is a bug in BF2 that is documentated in the Readme. When you launch BF2 it disables the microphone +20dB Boost :x You have to alt tab out and re-select it each time you play :roll:

This is the last straw for me. I'm returning my Audigy 2 and getting something else. Spent 6 hours trying to get this soundcard working as it should :(

ImageImage

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:42 pm

Will be interested to see what you buy FJ im currently using onboard and im thinking of getting a new s/card when i do my little upgrade.
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Interesting.. I've just checked with Dabs and they received my Audigy 2 ZS today and have refunded my money without question, any explanation or any testing.
Never has that happened to me when I've returned hardware. Its taken a few days for them to test the item themselves. But here Dabs have accepted the fault and given me my money back.
I'm thinking that Creative know this card suffers from a faulty design and don't want to waste time even trying to fix my problem!

ImageImage

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:41 pm

It's not a faulty design. If the card works, it does so flawlessly. But it always seems to be a gamble with Creative cards if they are compatible with your specific hardware setup. That should never be the case with a manufacturer that dominates a market......

Return to “Help and Support”