1) Can I change the forum appearance?
2) How to I style text or post pictures?
3) My thread was locked, why?
4) Why are my posts censored?
5) Why are you editing the grammar in my posts?
6) What can I do if I disagree with these rules?
7) Why was my quote removed?
8) Are there any rules about Avatars and Signatures?
Q: 1) Can I change the forum appearance?
A: Yes there are a couple of forum designs available. Not every finds the customized design easy to read so we have included the default forum style. To change the style goto User Control Panel >> Board Preferences >> My Board Style .
Q: 2) How to I style text or post pictures?
A: You need to read through the forum documentation available from the FAQ link at the top of the page.
Q: 3) My thread was locked, why?
A: Topics will be locked for one of several reasons;
- To defuse the situation and prevent an argument
- Topics in public sections are closed when resolved or are no longer active. This is due to bots targeting the forums to spam adds and the need to avoid them.
Q: 4) Why are my posts censored?
A: 4) Offensive language obviously shouldn't be used. People simply need to understand most people don't wish to be exposed to this inferior form of language, particularly in the home/school/office environment.
Q: 5) Why are you editing the grammar in my posts?
A: 5) So called '1337' speak etc isn't welcome on these forums. For many people English isn't their primarily language. Why should people be forced to learn this form of language and English to be able to contribute on these forums?
Q: 6) What can I do if I disagree with these rules?
A: 6) Absolutely nothing. My forums, my rules. Leave if you don't like them. There are one billion places to post rubbish on the Internet. This website won't be the one billion and first.
Q: 7) Why was my quote removed?
A: 7) Any quoting of a previous post in its entirety will be removed. Quoting in this way makes the forums really difficult to read as well as consuming large amount of limited database space.
Q: 8) Are there any rules about Avatars and Signatures?
A: 8) Please be considerate when using Signatures or Avatars. This includes;
- When using images you should make sure they are not too big and stretch the size of the page.
- Also don't stack large images one on top of each other.
- Images should be a fairly small file size. People want to read discussions on the forums not wait for your Signature to download!
- As a general rule if your signature is bigger then your actually post its too big!