Plus.net :: TNGC BF2 Server EU-UK

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Sodine
Warrior
Warrior

Plus.net :: TNGC BF2 Server EU-UK

Post by Sodine » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:23 pm

Howdy,

I know this isn't exactly the correct forum for this, but the Battlefield 2 server is empty and I think if it was to have 3 rounds per map, it may get more players playing.

I only really go on servers that have 3 rounds per map, as the "varifying client data" takes along time.

- Sodine

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:58 pm

Hey Sodine. You didn't need to go to the trouble of signing up here. I visit the Plus.net forums a couple of times a week to see if anyone has anything to say about the server. All the same, welcome to our corner of the internet anyway 8)

I'll go change to 3 rounds now. We've been trying a single round and that hasn't worked. So I'm more then happy to give it a go.

However the particular problem with the server seems to be the number of people ignoring it wanting to play on a ranked server instead. Really really frustrates me that people continuously complain about the laggy UK ranked servers and don't seem to be willing to try the unranked servers in search of better performance. You can understand why though. EA heavily marketed the game as a 64 player ranked online gaming experience. That is what has drawn people into the game and what they paid for and what they expect to play.

Our best bet for the Plus.net server maybe a popular mod for BF2. This will probably take at least a year though as EA have still to fully release the modding software.

I'm not giving up though. Anymore suggestions you have, name them. I'm happy to try anything :)
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Sodine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Sodine » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Hey, I'm glad you did it so fast. Now I'll hop back on and not get annoyed with having to load and load so soon after just getting on :lol:

I considered posting about it on the Plus.Net forums, but I thought it might of been best to directly put it here, although putting it on the Plus.Net forums could of actually got more people to think "Hey, I'll try that!"

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Good point actually, that "verifying client data" bit takes bloody ages.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:48 pm

Its very quick for me.. I guess you guys are running 1GB of memory or less?
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:07 pm

1Gb here yeah, and SATA drives. Oftentimes it seems to take longer doing the "verifying client data" than it does to load the bloomin' level *8)

Alli

Sodine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Sodine » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:31 pm

From what I looked up on, the varifying client data doesn't really depend on how much RAM you have, or how good your computer is in general.

My friend has 2GB RAM, dual Xeon processors running at something like 2.4gbz each and it takes him the exactly same amount of time.

I read on a few forums that it's PunkBuster verifying everything, but that was only what a few said. Plus I had it loading nearly instantly before I patched it up.

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:26 am

Sodine is right. Verifying client data is indeed Punkbuster doing a check on critical files. It doesnt depend on your hardware at all, but it depends more on the server hardware and available bandwith. PB simply needs some time to check all your files and report back that it is ok.

The reason it is faster for FJ may be the fact that he is running the server?

Return to “Help and Support”