FAQ :: TNGC Website Services

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

FAQ :: TNGC Website Services

Post by allicorn » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:17 pm

How do I get an account on the main TNGC Website?

Once you've created an account here on the forums, you can automatically use the same name and password to login on the main TNGC site.

What can I do on the TNGC Website?

Initially, there are only a few things you can do. Besides basic browsing around, you can post on the Shoutbox you can participate in the permanent Games I Play poll on the Games page, you can view the Profiles of any member (wherever their name appears as a link, just click it) and most importantly you can get into the Access Request Panel

Access Request Panel, whats that?

Once you've logged in, you'll notice the Login box has been replaced with the Toolbox. The Toolbox will give you quick links to all the services on the site that you can currently access. When you login for the first time, you'll only see the Access Request Panel there. Inside are links you can use to send an automatic request to the Site Admin to grant you rights to use some of the other services. For most users, the Gallery Upload Rights and My Profile Rights. Just click the link to request any set of rights you think you deserve. Its up to the Site Admin whether you'll get them or not of course ;-)

So what do My Profile Rights do?

Once you've been granted rights to create a profile, your Toolbox will give you a link to the My Profiles Panel. In here you can create a profile 1st for yourself and then subsequently you can add profiles for any/all of your characters in any TNGC games/guilds/outfits. All of these profiles can have an image uploaded into them too if you'd like. Wherever your name appears on the main TNGC site it'll be linked to your profile, and you'll also be given a URL you can hand out to put in your forum sig that'll take people to your profile page. You can update your profiles any time by coming back to the My Profile Panel.

I've got Gallery Upload Rights, now what?

Your Toolbox should now be showing a link into the Gallery Upload Panel. From here you can choose which of the galleries you want to add an image to, then select your image file (please try to stick to JPEG or PNG images) and even write some comments about the image. When you hit the Upload button, the image will be added into the selected gallery. Its that simple. The TNGC front page also shows a leaderboard of the top image uploaders.

I see some other rights in the Access Request Panel, do I need them too?

Most of the other rights are unlikely to be granted to everyone. Have a talk to Firejack first if you'd like to request Article Author, Site Editor, Shoutbox Admin or Keyword Admin.

Ok, but what do they do?

Article Authors have access to the Article Author Panel, where they can write new articles for the TNGC front page. The Articles will pass through the Site Editor Panel so that a user with Site Editor rights can approve them for publication. Not all articles will necessarily be accepted.

Site Editors are the users who approve or reject the articles submitted by Article Authors.

A Shoutbox Admin can delete posts on the Shoutbox. Since the Shoutbox is open to everyone, including anonymous users, there may occasionally be some posts there that need nuking.

Keyword Admins have access to a panel allowing them to manage the list of keywords that'll be automatically turned into links when they appear on the main site.

I think I might want some more rights, or less, or something, who do I talk to?

PM Firejack on the forums to discuss rights issues.

I think something isn't working right, who do I yell at?

Firejack maintains the site design, layout and server and Allicorn handles the code behind the various services. Direct your PM's accordingly via the forums.

I want to create a profile for my character but the guild/clan/outfit he's in isn't listed!

Is it a TNGC member clan? Firejack controls the list of official TNGC clan names that are available to choose from in the Profile pages and also the list of available Galleries. If you're the leader of a new official TNGC clan, you'll want to ask FJ to set up the new entries for you.

There's something you haven't covered here

So ask!

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Post by Firejack » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:08 pm

Moved to Wiki
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Return to “Help and Support”