Fix for forum issues?

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Fix for forum issues?

Post by Aveox » Thu May 08, 2008 10:05 am

Just FYI:
I had this problem with the forums crashing IE6 (work PC, home PC with Firefox is just fine). The only way to enter the forums with IE6 was to click on a link on the portal of most recent topics, and then navigate using the pulldown menu. While this works, its not an ideal solution.

So today I figured it might have something to do with the forum theme, changed to subsilver2 and voila: Its working. So either there is something in the forum theme that messes up IE, or it has something to do with the custom header in the TNGC theme.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Re: Fix for forum issues?

Post by Firejack » Thu May 08, 2008 10:23 am

We tried all the different combinations. There appears to be some issue with the prosilver theme, with or without Allicorns extras, and IE6. It doesn't effect everyone with IE6 though.

The best thing to do if you have problems is switch to subsilver2 like you suggest. All new members who visit and sign up to the forums use subsilver2 by default. Not ideal but I'm dammed if I can figure out the problem. Confuses me trying to read the new code of the forum themes! :?

Annoying little error :(
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Return to “Help and Support”