New section

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

New section

Post by bjerringholm » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:08 pm

A freind of mine is running a danish guild in WoW, he recently asked me if it was possible to get a section on theese forums.
Could I have a section called "World of warcraft - The dirty dusin (det beskidte dusin)" please. I would be the moderator of the section, making sure CoC is not violated.
Offcourse all posting would be in english, destpite the fact the guild is purely danish.

Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Re: New section

Post by Firejack » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:44 pm

You have made a similar request before .

I'd probably reject the request again. Personally I just don't think integrating large groups of people is possible. Especially when we are talking about your friends Guild with 128 members (I checked WoW armoury). That would probably crush the Community as it stands right now as we have declining activity and member numbers.

SCUM and Imperial Legionnaires also showed what a disaster adding external groups of players to the Community can be.

However its no longer my sole decision these days as people contribute to the financial cost of running the website. Whats everyone's thoughts, Allicorn?
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

allicorn
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by allicorn » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Were it a small clan of half-a-dozen folks or so, I'd say sure but as FJ points out, a potentially huge deluge of new folks here all at once would probably lead to bad things. This was discussed in the old Admin Forum several times.

So, Beej, I'm really sorry - if the rest of your guild are anything like you I'm sure we'd all love to have them here - but adding large, already well-established coteries of new faces is probably not a good idea.

Of course, it goes without saying that any of them are very welcome to drop by individually!

Anyone else any thoughts on the issue?

Alli

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 am

A small community absorbing a huge guild doesn't seem like a good idea to me. had there been just a few in a game we already have some members in then I might have considered it a good idea (absorbing IL wasn't such a bad idea, it just turned out they werent what they seemed to be). However, this many people will just clash. I'm going to be realistic here and trying not to come over as racist, but if you have a big group of danish people joining a smaller group of multinational english speaking people, the danish will dominate the community and it will make intergration even harder. The same would happen if we had a large group of French joining the community, or Dutch for that matter, it just would be impossible to intergrate them.

For the future it may be handy to make a checklist of conditions an established clan must meet to be eligable for entering the TNGC.

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:35 am

I totally agree that absorbing IL wasn't a bad idea. (Well, who could have foreseen what would have happened there?) - although, the only problem that we might have had with IL was the half-american userbase.(timezone issues)

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 am

Agreed on what most people are saying. I don't think this is a good idea. If its a small group then it should be no problem, but if there is a huge group of players joining there is very much the chance that it will do more damage then good.
And besides that: Is this a group of people that are actually interested in the community aspect of the TNGC and want to enhance it or is it just a group of players looking for forums that will leave again after their WoW-love is gone?
Dark wrote:(Well, who could have foreseen what would have happened there?)
I must have missed this. Can you explain what happened? (Yes Im curious :P). PM me if you dont want to derail this topic.

Alastriona
Community Donor
Community Donor
Alias: Freya

Post by Alastriona » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Aveox wrote:
Dark wrote:(Well, who could have foreseen what would have happened there?)
I must have missed this. Can you explain what happened? (Yes Im curious :P). PM me if you dont want to derail this topic.

This should give you a good idea what happened. Unfortunatly any links to the IL forums are dead. Basicly the ex-founder of IL came back after being absent for a very long time, decided that we were some kind of big evil entity trying to take control of his guild that he abbandonded a long time ago and that we absorbed in a dying state into the TNGC. They made a whole lot of drama about it and we were kind of pissed off and severed the ties between IL and TNGC.

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks for the update. Didnt know it ended that ugly.

bjerringholm
Mr. Jackhammer

Post by bjerringholm » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:05 am

Completely forgot about my previous request, sorry about that. Your reasons is very good, and indeed very valid for turning my proposal down. thanks for the consideration tho

Return to “Help and Support”