Forum Update

**Note** See forum below for computer tech support
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members
Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Forum Update

Post by Firejack » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:22 pm

The Forums have been updated to version 2.0.17. This is due to some problems last week with lots of fake accounts being created and attempts to gain the Admin password for the board.

The Solaris template for the forums has a security related problem to the registering system and therefore new people will now need to register using the default SubSilver template until a patch for Solaris is released.
You can choose the template you use by clicking the profile link.

Some 350 fake accounts have been deleted. Admin activation has been changed back to User so people can self authenticate when they register again.

The database has also been optimized. Not that it should really matter as this isn't a particularly big forum but a few extra milliseconds of speed won't hurt anyone :)

Please report any problems in this thread (missing posts, user accounts etc). Its easier to restore the nearer to the date of the backup a request is made.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:53 pm

when I look at the forum as guest its comes up subsilver but when I look at the forum logged in I get solaris

is this ok ??
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Aveox
Star Colonel
Star Colonel

Post by Aveox » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:23 pm

Yep Soupy. It's correct. Default style (what visitors see) was Solaris, but is now changed to subsilver. In your personal preferences it is still set to solaris, so it changes when you login.

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:39 pm

thats ok then

ever since the guys started playing WoW people have tried to kill this board you must have really pissed some people off
"So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.'"
The Great Tommy Cooper

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:00 pm

Hehe. Obviously the first attack on the board was directly as a result of the guilds actions in WoW. The second I'm guessing was just a random scan looking for vulnerabilities to exploit.

ImageImage

Bilko
FunnyGuy 2.0

Post by Bilko » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:11 pm

if they took control of the board what could they hope to achieve apart from editting a few posts with obscenities
The Great Tommy Cooper

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:13 pm

With the Admin password you could delete the entire forum and replace it with your own.

ImageImage

Return to “Help and Support”