Recruiting: All my TNGC roles

Apply and join the Community here!
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members

Moderator: Conri

Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Firejack
Khan
Khan
Alias: Irricas

Recruiting: All my TNGC roles

Post by Firejack » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:39 pm

:bye: :bye: :bye:

Only joking! :twisted: :lol: I'm not leaving the Community!

However, from January 10th I'm looking to share or step aside from all my TNGC roles.

Unfortunately my health problems have reached a point were I'm limited in my ability to carry out everyday daily tasks. That means from next week my near 24/7 participation in the Community will come to an end as I won't be able to guarantee I'll always be around. I need to focus my efforts on my health from now on and adapt to my new daily routine.
The changes won't happen overnight and at first I actually expect to have more time/energy to game. I feel I need to put a date of some sort down to avoid simply disappearing for a long period without anyone to look after the forums etc while I'm gone from time to time.

Knowing this day has been coming. I've always tried pushing the idea of people sharing responsibility more and making things happen for themselves. Members have permissions to complete most tasks already wherever possible. Inevitably there are some things like activating forum users, cleaning up the SteamGroup and managing members in-game that can only be done by certain people. Therefore I need help or if people would prefer to take sole leadership/responsibility of each role themselves, then I'm ok with that idea also.
Should we be unable to find a replacement for everything I suggest closing down things we don't use a lot or need.

Positions Required:
  • Forum Admin
  • Reddit Moderator
  • Twitter Admin
  • Outfit Leader for MAP
  • SteamGroup Admin
  • TNGC server admin (Although Lex mostly takes care of this)
  • + Anything else I've forgotten
Roles are open to anyone I've played with in the last 12 months or any recognised longterm member of the Community. Please reply below if you are interested in taking up one of these roles before January 10th. If we have equal number of applicants, things will be put to a vote.
TerraNovaGaming.Community - for like minded gamers
Who you play with is what makes a game fun

ImageImage

prinses
Community Donor
Community Donor

Re: Recruiting: All my TNGC roles

Post by prinses » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

i can help out with the steam group(s) as a start.

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Forum admin here.

And on a personal note, I hope your health sees an improvement. We've never met in person but you're one of my best friends.

Conri
Just call me Timmy!
Alias: Dark

Post by Conri » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your health - all the best with that.

I... erm, probably can't agree to do anything much at the minute. I'm off to Singapore for 6.5 months first week of march, and whilst i'll probably be lurking on the forums, otherwise my activity will probably fall off a cliff.

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by Theodora » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your health getting worse.

I'm more than happy to lend a hand with anything that needs doing, may need more info on exactly what needs to be done for the jobs

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Thanks guys.

In terms of whats required..... well, be prepared to need to do everything ;)

Forums
Typically adding moderators, re-activating users, fighting the spambots (bit of an issue right now), taking the occasional backup (although Lex does backup his end anyway), adding new forum sections.

Reddit is just a case of posting links to articles, approving posts. Reddit is really useful for Planetside as their is a big Planetside Community on Reddit. Never was really able to make the most of it. Although we recruited maybe as many as a third of our Planetside 2 members from there. Not essential I guess to keep Reddit.

Twitter is just approving users to post to our group feed. Replying to the occasional message directed at the community. Again its something I like as you can connect with the devs through Twitter but I guess its not essential.

Outfit Leader for MAP
If we had a bigger team of Officers it would help. Things like recruitment or managing members in game are typical. Occasionally get contacted by other Outfits for various things like the Alliance meeting Sniper went to recently. Nothing major. Although obviously having you own ambitious to grow the Outfit would be useful.

SteamGroup
Our TNGC group is pretty quiet. Could do with more life being brought to it with announcements and such. Really though I doubt this will be a difficult task. Just need someone to kick the occasional trouble maker or update the group profile from time to time.

TNGC Server admin
Restart Teamspeak and maybe upload some forum stuff. Lex seems to be taking care of this though.

Generally its about keeping the tools people rely on working. If people want to change or redevelop things to make them more current that could be cool but not really needed.

Just to repeat though. A simple task may end up being far from simply and a bit of time sink while you sort things out. Don't take on say the forums admin roll. if your not going to be happy to drink coffee for a few hours working out some weird permission issue.

ImageImage

Caldazar
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Caldazar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 am

I hope you will be able to cure or at least alleviate your health problems, good luck!

I'm perfectly willing to assist with forums and teamspeak admin
I see a red soul and I want to paint it black!

UnstableVoltage
Star Commander
Star Commander

Post by UnstableVoltage » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:23 am

Had me worried there FJ. Thought you were leaving us. But health is important - you have to look after yourself.

I'd like to step forward as an offer for forum admin. I used to run my own phpBB forums a few years ago, so I know the workings and the admin panel inside and out. I also used to be a forum moderator for Blackisle Studios, Interplay and Highmoon Studios. (and I have references!). I'm also online a lot of the day/night, and I'm never hard to reach. Even if away from my PC, I still have my Laptop/Phone/Tablet with me for these things.

Obviously Amiga has thrown his hat in (being a man of leisure like myself). I'm guessing he's most likely to step into the role being a long time member and forum moderator. So I'd be happy to fill in any moderator gaps that arise.

AmigaFan2003
Sakhan
Sakhan

Post by AmigaFan2003 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 am

There we go - sounds like Voltage is the man for Forum Admin and I'll assist.

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Bump! Still a couple of days for people to register their interest before the weekend.

ImageImage

Firejack
Khan
Khan

Post by Firejack » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks to everyone who put their name forward. Since there are only a few people, we can go on without a vote.

Promoted Amigafan and UnstableVoltage to Forum Admins
Prinses promoted to Officer (admin) in the TNGC SteamGroup
Caldazar, even though you already a Teamspeak server admin, I guess we should make you the Super Admin too (EDIT: I can't find the Super Admin key so I assume Lex has it! Not that its essential to have at this point). Which probably makes sense since you are one of the most active users of Teamspeak and leader of the biggest group of Teamspeak users. Might be worth you joining the Scan Teamspeak server at some point so I can make you a Server Admin there too. Just in case the TNGC teamspeak goes down.

Grats guys!

ImageImage

Return to “Recruitment”