Membership Request: TNC : Rupert Demaris

Apply and join the Community here!
Access: Guests, Registered Users, Members

Moderator: Conri

Forum rules
Posts from Unregistered or New users will not appear until moderator approval in this section. Allow upto 24 hours before trying to post again.
Sarkyn
Warrior
Warrior

Membership Request: TNC : Rupert Demaris

Post by Sarkyn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Your First name (surname is optional):
Greg Hodgson

Your in game name:
Rupert Demaris
(Subject to change, as I am still re-rolling until I find my happy niche)

Your Age:

How you heard about us:
POTBS Forums, Recruitment Thread

Are you a returning member to the Community? If so, which division where you a member of (Clan Diamond Wolf, Starwolf, Nemetos Order etc)?
No, I am not.

Your motivation for joining:
MMO's are just poorly written single-player games without a guild of some kind. This game is no exception. I require a sense of community, and a few friends to share laughs with. And to plot world domination, of course.

What Class do you play as? Freetrader, Privateer or Naval Officer?
Currently, I am levelling a Naval Officer to learn the game thoroughly and enjoy the PvE and exploration aspects. I am, however, by nature a crafter/social player, and I will undoubtedly roll a Freetrader at some stage.

What aspect of the game do you enjoy the most? eg: Open sea PvP, Port defense/offense, Economy etc.
I've not had any experience of PvP yet, but I love the combat. I am an avid fan of the fiction of the era (Alexander Kent novels, anyone?) and so find the tactical side of the game very simple yet deep. My thorough reading means that most of the naval and nautical terms are second-nature to me, and I understand the wind, the cannon and so forth. The sword combat is leaving me cold at the moment, but PvE ship battles with large numbers are something I could really sink my teeth into tactically.

I am, also at heart a crafter. I find an intricate crafting system to be a joy and I'd like to play an active and central role (yes, I have in time been called a spreadsheet Jedi - in SWG I played a character called Dr.Soo Chee, who made buffpacks of the finest quality, 32 charges, 910+, 3h45m duration. That will mean something to you, if you played SWG, otherwise it will sound like a bunch of nonsense). Crafting *quality* and efficiency appeal to me in any game.

Would you describe yourself as a hardcore or casual gamer? What amount of time are you willing to put into the game?
I would describe myself as an ex-hardcore gamer. For many years I've been prone to over-indulging time-wise in MMOs. However I now run my own seasonal business in the French alps and as such my time available fluctuates wildly. Some weeks, I would have a ton of free time to spare, whilst others would be problematic. As one of two directors of a newly born business, I am it's slave first and foremost. But we all need something to wind down with, and this is my choice of pass-time.

Thankyou for your time, gentlemen. I'll be learning the game for a fair while, but let me know if I can be of assistance to you all.
Captain Rupert Demaris

Theodora
Treasurer
Treasurer

Re: Membership Request: TNC : Rupert Demaris

Post by Theodora » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm

excellent application

actually made the time and effort to write a proper app with reasons why he wants to join rather than the bare minimum, a definate yes i'd say, although i'll leave that to our recruitment officer

Crasp
Community Donor
Community Donor

Post by Crasp » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm

right, we are talking about you at the minute on TS. we all think your geared towards our playstyle, and theo suggested that you might be interested in being a more complex part of our communist style society shipyard. is he correct?

if its a weekend and im posting, prepare for nonsense.

Sarkyn
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Sarkyn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Ah, communism! My favourite broken political doctrine.
"From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his needs."
The MMO version of which is, of course:
"From each, according to his playtime, to each, according to the volume of his request."
I would be delighted to find a niche in that, I'm sure. But you mustn't over estimate me at the minute, I'm still learning the game. I probably have less than 24 hours /played so far, and haven't *quite* settled on which character that I'm happy with. :-) I still hanker over whether I should just play Freetrader from the start, but at the same time can clearly see that a naval officer is definitely the best option for learning the game, combat and pvp. I've done the newbie port quests twice so far and I'm still finding things I didn't see!

Once established though, I'm sure the role that I will fill most efficiently would come naturally. I have originally imagined myself filling in something other people consider dull, but which I find fascinating such as the carpentry line- constructing spars, beams, masts, hulls and all the things which have no real immediate use, but which are an utterly essential link in a much larger chain....

I'll hopefully speak to you in-game!

Cheers,

Greg
Captain Rupert Demaris

Return to “Recruitment”